Tuesday, September 27, 2016

"Heathers" at Red Branch Theatre (Columbia)

I remember "Heathers" as being something like an '80s version of "Mean Girls."  Ummm...  I was wrong.  I made the HUGE mistake of taking my 11-year old to see the show (which I thought I had researched beforehand to make sure it was ok for younger audiences).  It was the most inappropriate show I have ever seen.  It seemed like there was so much swearing and so many sexual innuendos.  At one point, JD and Veronica are in bed; at another point, two guys are trying to make Veronica do things she just doesn't want to do.  And that doesn't even consider that the whole plot is about (gasp) killing people.  I wanted to crawl under my chair.  I wanted to take my daughter out of there immediately.  I was so mad at myself.

Obviously, it was tough to enjoy the show when I was completely mortified.  The songs were great -- many were memorable -- but we couldn't even listen to them since they had so much cursing and sex stuff (to the nth degree).  UGGH.

Here's my review:

Heathers

No comments:

Post a Comment